Friday, March 4, 2011

The Flag

I have this huge wall in my house. It is 14 feet tall and 22 feet long. This wall is in my living room. I am the sort of person that doesn't like to put things up unless I am ready and know it is what I want for decor.

I like antique/old things and I also like things with meaning. As you can see by the fact that all of our products are made by hand in the USA, promoting things made in the USA and also jobs in the USA is a big deal to me.

I went to OH this fall to visit my sister and we found ourselves in a few antique stores. It was so much fun. We found all sorts of different fun things. There was one thing in particular that caught my eye.

I found a 48 star flag. Now, as far as antique flags go the 48 star flag is the easiest to find. Except for the current flag with 50 stars the 48 star flag was around the longest and so many were made.(1912-1959)

So now I had this great flag, but I had no idea what to do with it. I knew I wanted it on my wall, but now what.