Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Pick a focal Item

In thinking about decorating, I couldn't just grab a color and start painting walls, so instead I decided to try to create a feeling. How do you go about that?? I had no idea, then I was introduced to Country Signs.
For me this was a FABULOUS breakthrough. I could be funny, serious, creative, or simplistic. I could choose the mood of the area I was decorating by picking a phrase to set the scene.
I was afraid to start just anywhere, so I stared with my hallway. Just call me chicken!! Then I choose an endearing phrase "Always Kiss Me Goodnight". This sent my creative juices into overdrive. I thought of all the photo that I could hand around the sign. I picked out black frames and hung them in random patterns with the sign above the photos.
It was so much fun that I couldn't wait to choose another phrase and get to work.