Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Gardening

I love to create in the garden. It is so much fun to take and area covered in weeds and turn it into a beautiful space. I love to pick fun plant, unusual color, trees, anything that will add to the beauty of the space I am creating.

Now I am combining my love for the outdoors with my decorating. I am better at it, so I take what I am good at and I use it for inspiration. I have large picture windows in the front of my house, so I have created a garden in my front yard that is like looking at a portrait out of my window.

One of the keys to using the outdoors and framing it with your window is to use layers and put things at varying levels. A helpful item that is beautiful and sturdy is the wrought iron plant hanger. This is a beautiful addition to your outdoor decor and can also help attach your garden to your home. This helps to bring all of the aspects together.

Learning to incorporate the garden decor with the home decor has been a fun adventure.