Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Laundry Closet

We have a large area in our home that is all connected, a large entry way, dining room, kitchen, and a hallway that has the laundry closet.
We laid our own tile and it was our first big project.  To top it all off, in true Cherish fashion, I can not just lay down square tile in a square pattern on a square floor, that would be too easy!   I wanted the tile on point and then offset with a smaller accent tile.

Bless my sweet husbands little heart, he agreed (after some intense discussion) and we began to lay tile.  It took a long time to get in the first line, but once it was in strait we just went like crazy.
We got all the big area done, but we didn't finish the hall and laundry closet.  We wanted to make a few changes, moving the pressure tank and the hot water heater.
Let me just say that you can never really get a plywood floor all that clean.  For more than a year I have had a laundry room that looked like this...
There is a wall, it is the back of the new pantry that they put in for me before we put in the floor, that is not finished and so that needs to be done as well.