Monday, November 7, 2011

Multitasking

It seems silly to spend all your time on one project.  So....

We (my family and I) live off my life planner.  It is not just a day planner, when this precious book is missing, even my husband starts to get all nervous and upset.



I need a wall calendar and a planner.  However, that does not work for me.  If I write it on the calendar on the wall when I think of it, then when we are out and about I get a new thing that needs to be written down, then I have stuff in 2 places and whenever I need it I find that it is not in the right place.  YIKES!




I have come up with a solution for my need for both and my need for only one.  A little shelf!  This shelf will hold my planner on the wall and when it is time for us to leave the house, I can grab it with my phone and purse and kids and keys and crating the dogs and stoking the fire and turning off the lights... and I will have it with me.

I took a 1x4 and cut it into about half.  Then I added a piece of molding on the front so that it will hold the book from sliding off.  Then I painted it black.  I will be distressing it tomorrow and putting on some wax and then screwing it into place on the wall.  I will put up pictures when I have it in working order.