Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Uncomplicated Custom Vinyl

When I started looking at custom vinyl all I could think of are these huge projects that require planning and time and imagination.  I don't always have all of those things, especially at the same time.

I have done several projects that have the "complicated" sort of feel.  I used custom vinyl wording around a picture collage and on a desk top.  They turned out cute, useful, and it was a ton of fun.

I really love vintage pieces but I have a hard time doing anything too permanent because i also love to change my mind.



With those two things in mind I took on a fun project that allowed me to accommodate both of these things.  I have an old crock that I really love that I use as a cookie jar.  I don't want to do anything to compromise the integrity of the crock, but I wanted to do something to make it "cute" for the kitchen.

I broke out the custom vinyl lettering and added the word "Cookies" to the crock.  How much fun was that?!  My kids just loved it, and it is something that will not damage the crock.  If I want to change my mind, it didn't cost a fortune either.


There are so many fun things you can do with vinyl.  Take a quick trip tot he dollar store, or fund some second hand containers, add some vinyl lettering and you can put them in your kitchen, bathroom, or place them around the house for fun accents that are inexpensive and customized to fit your needs.